District 6860 History
Rotary began in Alabama on February 6, 1913 with a formation of The Rotary Club of Birmingham. Rotary Clubs and membership continued to grow in the area until the current geographic area of Rotary District 6860 was formed on July 1, 1949 with 1,433 Rotarians and 25 clubs. Geographically, the district is described as the northern half of the state of Alabama bordered by the states of Georgia on the east, Tennessee on the north and Mississippi on the west. The current district is comprised of fifty-two Rotary Clubs ranging in membership from eight to over six hundred totaling a total of 3,500 Rotarians.
Here's the in depth Story of Rotary District 6860.